Friday 20 January 2012

a right good textiles talking to...



I have been dawdling on with the collars project without a clear and in depth concept. faltering. therefore I gave myself a taste of my own medicine. a good talking to. I pretended I was one of my students and imagined what I would say to them if it was their work... I was harsh and almost made myself cry. points included:
  • lack of direction
  • lack of enquiry
  • lack of focus
  • lack of interesting visual studies
  • where's my concept board?
  • what IS my concept?
  • what/who is my inspiration?
  • what is my target market?
mmmm.
So I came up with a (limited) colour scheme (see above) and more interesting sketchbook pages in terms of composition but NO clear, well thought out concept.
lets have a brainstorm... I want to draw.



No comments:

Post a Comment